Thursday 13 January 2011

F is for friendship

Good evening!

I've been waiting to get my grubby (with ink so it's ok) little hands on the vintage vogue set since it was first shown in last years mini catalogue, but every time I placed an order there was always something else that I was seduced by. But never fear, when I was choosing my starter kit stamps I put it right at the top of my list and it is now sat in a neat little pile with all it's stampin' up stamp set friends.

I think its a great set for 'just because' cards, because of the fabulous F with friends caption. So that is what I have made for today's card.


Once again my ever faithful butterfly has made it on to this card as well!

I have also used the 'rock and roll' technique on the flowers of this card. This technique involves choosing two colours, one lighter than the other. Ink up your chosen stamp with the lighter colour, then with the darker colour angle the stamp so that you are only inking a portion of the design and roll the stamp around so that you have a darker edge to the image. You must remember to clean the stamp between each inking otherwise you will transfer the dark ink to the lighter ink pad.

Here's what was used -

Vintage Vogue stamp set, Butterfly prints stamp set,
Rich razzleberry CS, Pretty in pink CS, Rich razzleberry patterned paper,
Rich razzleberry taffeta ribbon, brights designer button, Butterfly punch,
Regal rose ink and concord crush ink.

What do you think? I'd love to know, please leave me a comment below.


No comments: