Tuesday 15 March 2011

Step aside!

Hi there,

At the weekend I made a side stepper card, it took several attemps by me and my boyfriend to get the measurements right. I work in cm and I found that I could find instructions on-line in inches, but my trimmer doesn't have inches on it, and when I tried to convert the measurements it came out crooked. So I thought there must be others who have wanted to make a step stepper but don't work in inches, and  decided I'd do my first tutorial.


For this card I started with an A4 piece of Night quite navy CS, and scored the whole card before cutting.
Here are the measurements
You can flip it around if you'd like the stepped half on the opposite side.
Here is a picture of the folds


The measurements for the patterned pieces are
  • 14.5cm x 9 cm
  • 10.5cm x 7cm
  • 10.5cm x 4cm
  • 10.5cm x 2.5cm
If you'd like the matt and layer the patterned pieces reduce each measurement by 0.5cm (eg 14cm x 8.5cm) and layer onto CS cut to the above sizes.
I was asked to make this card for a friend's husband using a footbll theme, so out came my Goal stamp set again.

Here's my recipe
Stamps, Goal
Paper, Not quite navy CS, Pacific point CS, Wild wasabi CS (trimmed to look like grass), Very vanilla CS
Ink, Chocolate chip
Accessories, alphabet stickers (from my non SU stash)

Hope you have a go at this type of card, please let me know how you get on if you do. xx

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, I only ever made one of these and decided I didn't want to do any more :o)
Jackie xx

Linny said...

lovley Blog Kelly and thank you for being first on my new SU blog. I love the lilac set you tried to win. What a great lady to send you a gift.
Linda x

Nikki Byrne said...

Looks fab Kelly well done. Nikki xxx

MargieP said...

Well done. It looks quite time consuming. I'm sure the recipient will love it

Ruth M said...

Wow, Kelly, this is superb! You've given us a tutorial as well - brilliant, thank you so much!

I've not made a side stepper card - they look like they have the potential for disaster to me LOL! Maybe I'll give it a go now I have your instructions. Don't hold your breath though LOL!