Sunday 10 April 2011

Challenge combo

Good morning,

It's still lovely here, I have to keep reminding myself that it's only April!

Last week I entered a brand new challenge over at Simply stampin', I really enjoyed entering this challenge, so yesterday I hurried over there to see what this week's challenge would be, it was a colour challenge, here is the palette

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it, so I thought because I had enjoyed last weeks sketch challenge so much, maybe I would be able to find another Sketch challenge and I could combine the two. I found the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge, that had a cute little sketch that was just the inspiration I needed.


So I've done just that and combined these two challenges.

Here's the card I came up with


Believe me the darkest colour is Bravo Burgundy, even though in this picture it looks like its black! I'm afraid I don't own a camera so all my photos are taken on my phone.

I have used a stamp set that I have had for a while but have yet to ink up called Silhouette sentiments, which can be yours for free with an order of £150 or a party of over that value!
I also dusted off my brayer for this card. I quite pleased with the result and for once I managed it first time instead of ending up with one OK piece after several failed brayering attempts! I have also cut my Bravo burgundy CS into strips and cut to look like ribbon, as I don't have any ribbon in the colours for this challenge.

So here's what I've used
Stamps, Silhouette sentiments, Tiny tags
Paper, Very vanilla CS, Pink pirouette CS, Wild wasabi CS, Bravo burgundy CS, Woodland walk paper pack
Ink, Wild wasabi, chocolate chip
Accessories, Brayer, stamp-a-ma-jig, Jewellery tag punch, Rhinestone.

Hope the teams like it, xx

13 comments:

gillnstu said...

really like this one too, colours are great, I have just got a brayer so will be having a play
Gill xxx

Karen Motz said...

This is so pretty!!! Love that little birdie on the branch and the trio of tags in the corner!!

Caroline said...

Thank you again for joining us at the Simply Stampin Challenge. I love the brayering, I have a new brayer on its way, so hopefully I'll have some better results with that! But love the effect. Good Luck again and please join us again. x

Pam Speidel said...

This is LOVELY! Such a pretty image and your colors are perfect!

Amanda Burditt said...

Really like the brayer background here! Looks really effective! Also the woodland walk paper is gorgeous, isn't it?! Finally, liking the idea of cutting cardstock to look like ribbon...a great cheat method! x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful. I love the effect you got with brayering. Great to see a predominately green card. ( I wimped out and took the easy route of vanilla LOL).
Thanks for joining in again with the Simply Stampin challenge....x

Becky said...

I really like this card - so pretty! I love your idea to use card as fake ribbon - I will have to remember that trick to make my stash go further...
Thanks for joining in the Simply Stampin' Challenge
Bx

cardsandacuppa said...

Love your brayering, something I keep thinking about ;-) might just have a go myself after seeing this! Thanks for joining in Simply Stampin Challenges
Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Kelly your card is lovely, the background colours are so soft, thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin again this week.

Anne-Marie said...

Hi Kelly, lovely card, I love how you used the brayer, I shall have to try that shading technique.

Lorraine said...

Kelly I am hoping to get this challenge done as well this week again like you I enjoyed last weeks. I love the card you have made

Need More Time to Craft said...

Kelly, this card is beautiful. Love the brayering. It's a technique I don't do very often. I really must have a go.
Carole x

LeAnne said...

Love this! What a great image to use with the brayering! I love that sketch too, one of my favs!