Friday 13 May 2011

Buttons and Bows

Hi,

Just a quick post this evening to show you the card I've made for the Simply stampin' challenge blog, as you can tell from the title this weeks challenge was buttons and bows.

I may have gone a little OTT with the buttons, what do you think?


I wanted to use my new scallop circle die to make my card and I had this idea of using the buttons to frame the sentiment, I choose a background paper that had lots of colours within it so that I could use all different coloured buttons. The DSP is Sweet Stitches paper, and a mixture of SU! designer buttons, and buttons from my stash, the ribbon is gorgeous White Organza which you may have overlooked in the catalogue, this can be dyed any colour with the re-inkers so it's very versatile.

Anyway keep your fingers crossed for me, that my very different card, catches the design teams eye over at Simply Stampin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the button frame. Thanks for taking part....x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such creative use of buttons!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Ruth M said...

Wow Kelly, this is FAB! I love shaped cards and that scallop circle die seems to be perfect. I'd have felt anxious about using up all those precious buttons in one go - but then I do hoard buttons LOL! Probably why I enjoy using my Button Button set - they'll never run out!

Many congrats on the top 3 - very well deserved!