Monday 30 May 2011

So Many Birthdays!

Hello!

I hope that everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend!

I have so many birthdays this month it is unbelieveable! Two people at work are the big 50 next week (you know who you are!), two of my sister's birthdays are Thursday and Friday, I have several orders for birthday cards including the dreaded men's cards, as well as father's day. Thank god for challenges to inspire me!

This card is for one of the 50th birthdays next week, I don't always like to put ages on the cards, so I haven't with either of these. I have used the Sweet Sunday sketch for my layout inspiration,


and the colour pallette from CR84FN challenge blog, this is a new one for me but I liked the inspiration photograph, so I'm sure this will become one of my regulars.


I have chosen to use Baja breeze, So Saffron, and Crumb Cake (formally known as Kraft) I thought that it would be hard to make these colour's feminine but blue is Karen's favourite colour so I thought this pallette would be perfect for her.


I really like the Springtime Vintage DSP which just so happens to but in the same colours, so it all worked out great! The Saffrom backing paper is from the Nursery suite DSP, so it just goes to show that these papers are not just for baby cards they co-ordinate well with other paper packs too.

I will also be entering this card into the Simply Stampin' challenge which this week is Floral Frenzy, if you look closely you'll see that not only have I used a floral backing paper, but I have stamped a cute floral image from the Timy Tags set around the 'K', as well as making my own flower from the scallop circle punch.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

9 comments:

Andrea M said...

Kelly, this is so pretty! The DP is so lovely and I love the monogram! Such a pretty layered flower too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the layeres and that fabulous bloom!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Kelly! Love the personalized monogram and the 3D flower embellishment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

cardsandacuppa said...

Another lovely card Kelly! I love your flower, it looks very elegant like that,
Thanks for your continued support and for joining in with this weeks challenge at Simply Stampin'
Hugs xx

Caroline said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love the colours and the Springtime Vintage paper background. Thanks for joining in with our Simply Stampin Challenge. Hugs x

Deborah Frings said...

This is so pretty - I do like the papers you've used and the monogram! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the flower made from the scalloped punch and the PRETTY papers! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Sharon said...

Beautiful ard and I also love the flowers stamped from the Tiny tags set too.
Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge...x

Niki Rowland said...

Really gorgeous card Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x