Sunday 31 July 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!

Good Morning,

Today is my Mum's birthday! I really don't know what I'd do without her, she is my best friend, and I love her more than I could ever say. So I wanted to make her a birthday card using her favourite stamp set which she picked out of the mini catalogue, Nature Walk.

I think that she would make a great crafter, she is brilliant at drawing (although she'd never admit it) and has also enjoyed decorating and making things for her home. I'm hoping to get her to take the leap into the world of paper craft someday.

I had seen a gorgeous card using this set somewhere, but can't remember who's blog it was on. I always have my phone handy when I'm at the computer so I can take a quick picture of any cards that I'm inspired by.

So here is the card I've made for her,


I have used a few items here for the first time, including the stamp set, the card stock vellum, and the big buttons. I have used DSP from to different paper packs, the bottom half is from Greenhouse Gala, and the top is from Lap of Luxury. Stampin' up usually retire all the designer series paper packs with the launch of the new catalogue is if you've been hankering after one, time is running out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, xx

3 comments:

Rosietoes said...

It's a beautiful card, made with lots of love and it shows.

Happy birthday to your Mum!

Edna x

pinky said...

Hi Kelly, your blog is full of gorgeous creations. Thanks for the link. I have become a follower now. Stop by my blog any time:)
Pinky

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous example it was one of my cards that probably inspired you. Lucky mum bet she loved it!!M xx