Friday 26 August 2011

A Stitch In Time

Hello there,

I woke up all excited this morning, every Friday Viva La Verve post a new sketch, I've done all the other sketches for this month so I couldn't wait for this one. As soon as I saw it all I could think was wow! It's very pretty so I couldn't wait to get started. I have decided to team the sketch with a colour combo challenge over at Color Throwdown which I love, I don't think I've ever used Perfect Plum before and I really can't think why?!

See what I mean? Beautiful! I don't normally do stitched cards, but when you're working with a sketch this pretty you have to go the extra mile, so out came a needle and thread, and a paper piercer, and here are the results



I'm also entering this card for the Just Add Ink challenge which was to use something 'from your stash' I have used a stamp from a Sale-a-bration set that I haven't inked since February called Punch Bunch, and also I found at the back of my drawer a pot of shimmer paint that I bought but I thought I'd lost because I've never used it! Here's a close up of the shimmer on the tag



I have had so much fun making this one, hope you like it too, xx

7 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh that's so pretty! I love that purple and the bottom panel :) oh, and the tag! All of it really! :)

Cathy said...

This card is beautiful. It is so elegant and rich looking. I love it. Great job....

Nikki Spencer said...

A lovely card Kelly, isn't it great when we get so excited over something papercraft related! and go you for all that stitching...amazing effort.
Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! I love adding tags to the front of my cards too!

Patrice said...

Kelly I love the way you've combined each of the challenges. That stitching of yours is divine. Such a lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Mynn xx said...

Lovely card--I think it's cute that the colors match your blog! :)

Jo said...

Kelly, this is beautiful. Lovely colour combo and that stitching is fab. I like the shimmer on the tag too. I also have that set from SAB, which I haven't even mounted yet!