Sunday 21 August 2011

Viva La Verve Marathon

Hello again,

If you checked my blog this morning you will know that I have discovered (thanks Sian) the Viva La Verve sketch challenge, each Friday a new sketch is released, and let me tell you they are gorgeous, so much so that I have decided to go back and attempt all of this months.

So lets start with the first (seems logical to me) I have teamed week 1's sketch with the colour combo from the Play Date Cafe, I apologise for the poor quality of the photo, the colours are much better IRL, honest!
I really liked this sketch, it's simple but uses a number of layers so great for using scraps or multiple DSP, this will definitely be getting used again. I think this colour combo deserves another go too I think maybe my proportions are off. Here is my card,


The colours I've used are Night of Navy, Rose Red (which is actually pink) and Wild Wasabi, may have to take another picture of this one and change it. I die cut two butterflies one in the Rose Red CS, and one off vellum, which I embossed.

I'd also like to enter this one for the Less is More challenge which this week is 'things that move', I just hope this card is CAS enough to be considered, it is definitely not as embellished as my usual style!

Pop back later for the next installment, xx

12 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card. Lee xx

Sian Ridley said...

Bless your cotton socks! I've blushed a little :) I knew the verve sketches would get your creative juices flowing-I'm glad I was right!! :) love this, the colours look awesome :) I was petrified by those colours for the pdc challenge and everyone else, including yourself, have made it so easy!! xxx

Erin said...

This card totally caught my eye on the PDC challenge! So CUTE! I love the layout with these colors

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty CAS card Kelly, great job on both challenges!

Zoechaos said...

Very pretty, love that green strip! XOXO Zoe

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, I did read about you and Verve on Sian's blog today. :) I like how you combined challenges to come up with this striking card. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week! :)

Chrissie said...

It may have rather a lot on it to call it CAS, but it's a very lovely card!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Suepr card Kelly, love the colour combo

Thanks so much
Diva LIM Mandi
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Really like your card and colours. Must take a look at this challenge, I like following sketches. x

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Love those blocked pattern papers and such a great CAS design too :) http://marketstreetstamps.blogspot.com/

Jaclyn Miller said...

Such super fun and bright bold patterns! Makes for a wonderfully eye-catching card. Thank you so much for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Sarah said...

Great colours and bold design!!! a fab card...!

Thanks for sharing! Sarah at 192