Sunday 21 August 2011

Viva la Verve Part 2

Hi there,

I'm back with the next Viva la Verve sketch of the month. I decided that this sketch would be perfect for a wedding card my mum has asked me to make for a wedding she is going to the beginning of next month. She asked for a monochrome card, and I couldn't resist a bit (well maybe quite a lot) of sparkle for this one.


Because this sketch was so wonderfully simple it meant I could really go to town with the stamped and glittered background, without over-powering the finished card, I haven't got an oval die........yet, so I've substituted with a rectangle.



See what I mean about the sparkles?! there are also a couple of rhinestones on the letters, and I teamed it with a strip of polka dot DSP finished with some black satin ribbon.

Really enjoyed making this one, I'm on a roll now, next sketch to follow later, xx

2 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Stunning card Kelly. Lee xx

Sian Ridley said...

Woo, sparkles!! Like I said earlier, I luuurve sparkles!! This looks so good! Is that glitter or embossing powder? If it's embossed then I'd say put it in for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week ;) xxx