Wednesday 28 September 2011

Playing With Paper For CAS-ual Fridays

Good evening,

I can't believe this is my third post of the day, I'm really on a roll, if only I could do this everyday!
My final card of the day is combining two challenges, CAS-ual Fridays whose challenge was three shades of one colour plus brown. I have chosen Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Crumb Cake.


and a sketch from The Paper Players


I have changed the sketch a little, I wanted my shades of blue, to get gradually larger as they went down the card front. I have also used my sentiment as the central focal point of the card to keep it quite simple.


I stamped the flower image onto each layer of coloured CS in the same ink to give a tone-on-tone pattern, then decided to use it as an accent as well which I just couldn't resist glittering!

I know I probably shouldn't say be I'm really pleased with how it turned out. When I started I didn't think it was going to work, but somehow it all came together in the end, yay!

Well that's all from me today, hope you will come by and see me again soon. xx

10 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Stunning card Kelly, my goodness you have been busy today. Lee xx

Karen B. said...

I think it is grand when people say they are pleased with their word! You should be with this beautiful creation. Love the colors you've chosen. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Ruth M said...

Love this card Kelly - the colours are great and I love how you positioned the sentiment and flower!

jaydee said...

Kelly, what a fabulous take on the sketch. I love the gradation of color and the scalloped edges. Allowing the focus to be on the sentiment was a fabulous idea. So glad you joined The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love the range of blues...Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Rita W said...

Very pretty! Love the graduated blues! Tone-on-tone is one of my favorite things to do; love that look! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous colors you've used here! So very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Kelly! I love the blues, and the touch of sparkle on the flower. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

Gorgeous card! I love the blues and the flowers you stamped on them. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players.