Tuesday 8 November 2011

Mocha Morning Gift

Hello there!

When I opened the new catalogue the first thing I HAD to have was the beautiful Mocha Morning DSP, they are just so pretty with the gold details and flocking, when they arrived me and my mum opened and stroked them arguing over which ones were the prettiest.

So when I went on a trip to a craft store and found a square chipboard tissue box I knew I had to make one for my mum. I started by painting the base black,


then I chose three of the papers, (not an easy task in itself) rounded off the corners, and inked the edges for that vintage feel, then stamped the beautiful flourish from Baroque Motif set in Staz on ink, before giving the whole thing a spritz with shimmer paint for added sparkle. The lid piece is one of the flocked paper that just begged to be touched!

I'm sure my mum will love this gift, but I think it may still need something, maybe an embellishment to one of the sides? What do you think?

Plus don't forget there is still time to enter this week's Simply Stampin' colour challenge!
Hope you are having a fab day, xx

2 comments:

Becky said...

Some rhinestones to accentuate the baroque swirls? Or ribbon around the outside of the lid? Or just leave it as it is beautiful... Bx

Aileen said...

It's beautiful as it is and I'm sure she'll love it. x