Monday 14 November 2011

Recycled Embellishment

Hello there!

Every so often my fabulous friend Ruth sends me some 'happy mail' and she always takes the time to decorate the envelope of the card (and usually makes me a gorgeous gift, I'm sooo lucky!) just as beautifully as the card itself. It was my birthday a few weeks ago and Ruth sent me the most beautiful birthday card with gorgeously decorated envelope! I always keep my hand made cards on the wall in my craft room, they really brighten the place up on a gloomy day. I felt silly keeping the envelope but didn't want to throw it away, so I decided to recycle it, I hope Ruth doesn't mind.


Do you see the cute little birdie holding the little happy birthday banner? That was the embellishment Ruth had lovingly made for the envelope of my card, I'm sure you'll agree that I could not throw that in the bin! I've pulled out a set that I haven't used for ages Circle Circus, and got inking with the new in-colours minus Calypso Coral and added in Melon Mambo. What do you think? I do hope Ruth will approve!

Don't forget to check out this weeks Simply Stampin' 'Leafy' theme challenge! xx

1 comment:

Ruth M said...

Yep - Ruth definitely approves! What a fantastic idea to recycle the flag waving birdie from the envelope - clever you! Ruth x