Saturday 31 December 2011

Simply Stampin' Week 40

Good morning!!!

It's almost time to welcome in the New Year, but before we all have a few too many drinks and head towards a stranger with lips puckered, it's time for the Simply Stampin' challenge, which this week is a sketch.
I absolutely adore bunting on cards, it's so pretty! My friend Steph and her hubby Mark, had a little baby boy late Tuesday night, who they have decided to call Matthew. So I just had to make a congratulations card for both of them, and I thought the bunting would be perfect for a baby card!


I have used two of the patterned papers from the aptly named Nursery Nest DSP pack, and then got to work with the little lion from the Fox and Friends set and my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamping one lion in Marina Mist and all the rest in Lucky Limeade. I have cheated slightly and placed my greeting below the ribbon, I did try putting it on the ribbon but it didn't look right.

I do hope you'll join in the fun with this challenge, I can't wait to visit you and see what you come up with. xx

5 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

Ooh, this card is gorgeous! I like the green in with the blue and the patterns work so well together-I'm never brave enough to put patterns together!! And the sentiment looks perfect where it is :) your friends will love it :)

Kirei said...

Fab stamping, I thought it was patterned paper to start with! Lovely card!
Kirei x

Alison xx said...

Fab card for little Matthew. Love your colours. Happy New Year...A xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a cute baby card Kelly and I love the bright colours you used too. I was amused by your description of new year shenanigans! Hope your year is happy and healthy. Vicky x

Sarn said...

LOVE IT. Such a little cutie. xxx