Saturday 25 February 2012

Simply Stampin - Lace

Good morning,

Saturday already! where does the time go? Well if you are anything like me then there is only one way to start your Saturday morning, and that's with a crafty challenge, and this week over at Simply Stampin' we are asking you to use lace on your projects, so head on over there to check out what the rest of the design team have come up with!

I have used my crochet lace trim to make two cute little flowers, it was sew (sorry I couldn't help myself) easy, just a running stitch down one side, pull and voila! a pretty lace flower!

I wanted to go for the vintage style for this weeks card, so out came the Artistic etchings stamps, and they work so beautifully with the Vintage wallpaper embossing folder, I brayered one side of the folder with Pretty in Pink before I put my CS inside, so if you look closely you can see the indentations are pink!

Here is a close up of the tag I made for the front of this card


You can see a bit more of the detail here, I used a a retired background stamp to give texture (but I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, if someone knows please leave me a comment) I then layered over the script stamp from Charmed stamped in Sahara Sand, I used the little crowns from the Elementary Elegance set in Pretty in Pink and Rich Razzleberry, with the Eiffel Tower taking pride of place, the sentiment is from the Create a cupcake set, all topped off with a knot of Razzleberry ribbon.

If you'd like to get lacey with us then pop over and join in, we'd love to see you there!

Happy Stampin', xx

4 comments:

Sian Ridley said...

How very continental!! I like it! :) the texture is wonderful, it makes me want to touch it :) your lace flowers are so cute, I've been trying to get some lace for ages, there's nowhere round here that sells it!? Can you believe it!?

Amanda Burditt said...

Lovely! The lace flowers are very sweet! Like the subtle colouring of the embossed background - helps tie it in with the Razzleberry highlights of the card without being overpowering!
Your background stamp looks like some kind of canvas texture?? xx

Ruth M said...

Oooh, this is one gorgeous card Kelly! Love the embossing folder treatment and I really love the crochet trim flowers - clever clogs!

I think the background stamp you've used is called Linen. I have that one, it's a fave. I know I used it on the lilacs card I sent you. I haven't used it in a while - so thanks for the nudge I needed to ink it up!
Ruth x

Kirei said...

Loving the crochet trim flowers detail, nicely inked! I must try inking up an embossing folder as it is perfect adding just a hint of colour as you have done! Kirei x