Saturday 11 February 2012

Sketch Time At Simply Stampin'

Good morning,

Another freezing one, but I suppose we should be grateful that we don't have snow down here!

Anyway onto today's Simply Stampin' challenge, as the title says its another sketch, and it's a goody!

I have been busy lately making commission cards for a friend, and this is another that I have made for her.


It uses my favourite DSP of the moment Spice Cake, and I combined it with the Lovely as a tree set for my image, here's a close up


I coloured onto stamp directly with my markers and then stamped the image, I water coloured  the rest of the grass and then added a little more definition with the fine end of a marker over the top. To distress a little I used my Spritzer tool, a torn corner, which I stamped behind using A to Z, before sponging the edges of the whole panel.

I hope you can join me and the rest of the Design Team for this weeks challenge, I do love to see how everyone interprets the sketch differently.

Happy crafting, xx

6 comments:

Amanda Burditt said...

Kelly this is beautiful! The tree goes so nicely with the spice cake paper! Very wintery-almost spring colours too! :) xx

Sian Ridley said...

Get you and your artwork being in demand! And rightly so :) this is a lovely card, I like all the patterns together and the monochrome look :)

Kirei said...

Loving the colour detail on the tree! Fab extra touches, I am liking the torn & stamped corner!
Kirei x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Kelly and perfect for a guy....lovely papers

Anne

Ruth M said...

Absolutely lovely Kelly! Lots of interesting details, you've made a very special card for your friend, I'm sure they'll be delighted!
Ruth x

Aileen said...

Perfect card for your commission. Very masculine but still full of interest. x