Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Good evening,

On Friday, I shared some cards that my friend Nettie made (you can see the post here), and I really liked the layout of one of them especially so I decided to CASE it for my mum's mothers day card. I saw her this morning to give her the card so I know it's safe to show you now.


I went with the neutral Mocha Morning DSP, it's my mums favourite so I knew I was onto a winner with this one. I have used all the same elements as Nettie did in her original card expect I have stamped that in Chocolate Chip. I added Champagne shimmer paint to the little leaves die cuts, and another of the Antique tags.I also coloured some pearls with a gold pen and added them to the stamped image.

I was very glad when my mum opened her card and smiled, it's the best feeling when you're giving a card, and I'm happy to report that Julie my boyfriend's mum also loved her card (you can see it here).

Happy mother's day!! xx

2 comments:

Ruth M said...

Oh my word - such gorgeousness! I love all the little extra touches you added to make the card really special! No wonder your mum smiled when she opened it!
Ruth x

Sian Ridley said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I'm a sucker for the monochrome and you've really excelled your usual amazing-ness!! (yes, I am aware that that's not a real word! He he!)

I'm not surprised that your mum smiled :)