Saturday 5 May 2012

Simply Stampin Sketch Challenge

Good morning,

It's wet and miserable here, but don't worry over at Simply Stampin' we have a brand new sketch challenge to brighten your day, not only that but as it's the first challenge of the month so that means that we also have a new guest designer joining us, this month it's my fabulous stampin' up upline Amanda Fowler! So be sure to pop over and read all about Amanda and see her gorgeous samples!

Right back to the sketch, here it is

You can use the sketch exactly how you see it here, but feel free to flip or rotate it, as long as we can see you've used it, for the project inspiration.

Here is my take on this weeks sketch.


I wanted to use one of my new sets Tea Shoppe, it's right up my street, I love afternoon tea, in my local tea room Donny's, so this set was the first on my I NEED list.

I have teamed the stamps from the set with the Beyond the Garden DSP, I thought it worked well with the flowers on the teacup, I stamped my cup in the two colours and then cut out the flowers from one and glued them over the top of the green teacup, it looks fiddly but it wasn't at all! Wow, I didn't realise just how many new products I'd used.

I really hope I've inspired you to take part in this weeks challenge, if you still need a little more inspiration please check out what the design team have come up with!

Happy stampin'

6 comments:

Amanda Burditt said...

That beyond the garden paper is lovely! I like the pop of colour it adds - you know I got this paper in oct because I loved it and apart from a sampler I don't think I have ever used it!!! Oh no! Whoops! xx

Sian Ridley said...

I really like the colours and the mix of patterns are great-I can't manage to do that myself-jealous! :)

Kirei said...

Loving the use of the teacup as the main focal point, this new stamp set is definitely going on my wish list! Kirei x

Anonymous said...

Great choice of stamp set for the sketch *wink*.

I just love the Tea Shoppe stamp set but hadn't thought of cutting out the flowers - it looks so pretty!

Deb

Ruth M said...

This is such a lovely card Kelly, tea-riffic in fact! (Groan - sorry!)

I love how you cut out the flowers and laid them over the top of the big cup and you used a fab colour combo. Love the scalloped border and background stamping too!
Ruth x

Aileen said...

Lovely take on the sketch and super use of tea shoppe. i adore this set too. x